Thursday 3 April 2014

These are a few of my favourite things...


SCANDINAVIAN INSPIRATION

I grew up with IKEA. My family would dedicate an entire day to wandering the carefully mapped out layout of the store searching for ridiculously cheap home wares, or just purely window shopping for the fun of it. 

I was obsessed with words like SVÄRTA, FRÄKEN and KVISSLE. But it extends to so much more than cool words and hours spent in a Swedish chain-store. Childish games pretending all the displays were our actual houses. Stuffing our faces with all the Swedish meatballs a few dollars can buy, and coming home with a stolen treasure of tiny wooden pencils.  

These days I appreciate all the Scandinavian countries and their simplistic, functional and aesthetically pleasing designs. I fantasize about the day I will come home to natural wood furniture and white washed floorboards. An oversize knitted chevron blanket draped effortlessly over my Borge Morgensen sofa. My two pups are greeting me dressed in their matching fair isle reindeer sweaters.  

So today I'm dedicating this blog post to my favourite Scandinavian inspired things on Etsy that make this fantasy so much fun to waste time on. Conveniently they are all available for purchase, so perhaps this will one day become a reality...


Fork, spoon, knife minimalist print by "Re-Style Graphic"


Wooden tree ornaments by "to . tem"


Set of six white porcelain drinking glasses by "Stuck In The Mud Pottery"


Geometric Polygon Jewellery by "Shlomit Ofir Jewellery Design"


Handmade red 100% cotton throw by "Sophie Home"


Scandinavian kitchen potholders by "Red Stitch"


Vintage Enamel Cooking Pot by "Thrift Machine"


Figgjo wall hanging by "The Scandi Shop"


Vintage Jen Risom Chairs by "Den Modern Shop"



Swedish vintage woven rug by "Fox Box Market"



1 comment :

  1. Very interesting post! Thank you for including my poster. This is so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete